Wednesday, November 5, 2008

if you want to read about something other than the election today...

...here's a little bit about something completely unrelated that I'm outraged about.

I realized, though a serendipitous magazine article and some google research, that I am probably magnesium deficient. But how could this be? I'm still taking my prenatal vitamin, and surely that has all of the vitamins and minerals I need to be healthy, right?

Wrong. I looked at the label of my prenatal vitamins, and not a single milligram of magnesium. Magnesium deficiencies are linked to preterm birth and SIDS (not to mention depression, anxiety, heart problems, skeletal defects and a spate of other problems)...and they don't put magnesium in a nutritional supplement that is specifically designed for pregnant and lactating women? WTF??????

No comments: