Monday, November 24, 2008

now THERE is a cake for a 3-year-old boy!



Today was the last day of the Wilton I course I've been taking. Since I just made an enormous cake, and since the day after Brandon's birthday is Thanksgiving (when I make four different desserts) I did a little 6-incher for my final project. This is the one we'll be eating on Brandon's actual birthday, I hope it doesn't get smushed before then.

(Blue roses kind of make me cringe inside, because they don't exist in nature, but I told Brandon I would do them in any color at all that he wanted, and he chose blue. Sky blue. So, blue it was!

4 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

You've inspired me to take a cake decorating class. I looked them up for when we move back home and told one of my sisters about them. She and my other sister were ironically already planning on taking one through Michaels. So now they're going to wait until we move back so the three of us can do it together.

I'm so excited. If by the end of it I can learn how to make a cake as good as the Spongebob house you made, then is will be well worth it.

Kerry said...

Yaaay!! It is so much fun, you will love it! Especially if you're taking it with your sisters, you are going to have a blast!

Dianne said...

that is a lovely cake!

Dawn's Thoughts said...

It looks great! Japan doesn't know that a master cake maker is on the way!