Wednesday, November 26, 2008

things to be thankful for

They actually had everything I needed at the commissary yesterday...for the first time in 4 Thanksgivings, they had all varieties of fresh herbs (they usually only have basil and maybe some oregano around Thanksgiving - WTF?), they had half & half, they had Pillsbury pie crusts, they even had buttermilk. I usually have to drive all over the island going to 3 Commissaries and at least 2 civilian grocery stores, and I don't this year. I almost don't even know what to do with myself for the next two days. I just have to go to the natural foods store to get a vanilla bean, and I'm all set. It's almost imcomprehensible.

On another note, if our transfer hadn't been moved to April, we'd be packing out next week. Incredible. I'm very, very grateful for the extra five months because there's just NO WAY we could've been ready by next week. Really dodged a bullet on that one.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Happy Thanksgiving!