Tuesday, December 23, 2008

hi, I'm Kerry, and I piss off my neighbors. it's what I do.

I was unloading groceries from the car to the garage today, and the dog that lives two doors down started barking at me. I rolled my eyes a little bit, but whatever. It's a dog, dogs bark at people. That's fine.

The dog's owner was also taking bags out of her car, and she yelled at the dog. He kept on barking, and I heard something that sounded like a slap. Did she just hit that dog? I thought. Nah. The dog barked at me again, so I looked up, and I saw her put the dog down on the ground, hold it down, and hit it. When he got up, he barked at me again, and she picked the dog up by the collar, lifted it up in the air, and carried it inside the house. I head some muffled screaming.

So I called the Humane Society.

Maybe it was an isolated incident, I don't know, but, um, WTF????? How am I supposed to ignore that?

So now I have a neighbor who obviously has anger management issues, and a violent temperament, mad at me. I don't care, I know I did the right thing.