Monday, December 22, 2008

john mayer likes cake

I found out yesterday that John Mayer is having a holiday cake contest on his blog. The winner gets an autographed signature series Stratocaster. The deadline is tomorrow, so I got right on it. If I'd had more time, I would have done more - for example, I really wanted to make footlights out of gumdrops - but seeing as how I've already been grocery shopping three times in the past week, I figured I'd just go for it with what I had around the house.

And so, I present to you: the Gingerbread Mayer Trio. Ta-dahhhhhhh!



Brandon decorated the "audience" around the sides of the cake. It might be hard to see it, but the audience members are all holding orange or yellow sprinkles, which are meant to be lighters. The instruments are all solid chocolate, decorated with royal icing.

4 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Wow, that's awesome! How much are you "Squee!!"ing knowing that John Mayer may be looking at your cake?!

Kerry said...

LMAO, Squeeing! Only slightly, only slightly...

Kerry said...

ps, I ate (gingerbread man) John Mayer and he was DELICIOUS!

Dianne said...

that is a fantastic cake!!!

I know John is loving it :)