Monday, March 9, 2009

focus on the positive

The last time we transferred, we spent the time between moving out of the house and getting on the plane in the barracks - fun! (Except for the one night we stayed with Tara & Josh. That actually WAS fun. I think. I can't really remember; but since they are fun people I'm assuming that we had fun that night; we usually did. Like the time we all drove to Mississippi together and sang along to The Little Mermaid in the car.) Anyway. So last time we stayed in the barracks, and I had morning sickness. And I guess there was air conditioning, but there may as well have not been.

This is the pool at the hotel where we're staying this time.


Try not to feel too sorry for me.

5 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Yeah, I don't. Because not only are you going to Japan, you just spent the last few years in freaking Hawaii! I'll make sure to cry a river for you.

We probably did have fun. I remember you had just found out you were pregnant and it seemed you were bursting at the seams to tell everyone but knew you shouldn't. When you told me it was the weirdest combination of nonchalantness and excitement I've ever seen.

Oh and for some reason for the last week, I've been singing, "Part of your World" over and over and at the top of my lungs. Probabaly because it's one of the few songs I know all the words to. Due to this, my marriage is on the rocks right now.

Kerry said...

But I've been living without Target this whole time!!!!
I seem to remember a certain husband's fondness for singing that song as well, and it sure wasn't MY husband!

Mother Hoodwink said...

Oh he can belt it out. In fact our favorite is to make remakes in all kinds of accents and musical styles. But I think he may just be sick of the song since I sing it no less than three times a day in his presence.

Mother Hoodwink said...

Oh and Hawaii and Japan totally trump Target.

Dianne said...

oh that's a pretty place!!