Saturday, March 14, 2009

more bright side gazing

Things I'm looking forward to:
  • Getting a new microwave. Our microwave barely works; you have to cook everything for at least a minute longer than the instructions on the box say - sometimes more. Much, much more. You could add two minutes to the cooking time and still find that your food is frozen in the middle. We're bringing the microwave with us to the hotel and then probably donating it to Brian's work. Then we're getting a new one when we get to Japan. Thank goodness. We've been on the verge of replacing it several times but have always decided that it wasn't necessary because it still works, after all. Barely.
  • The glider in the nursery squeaks to wake the dead. I will never understand how Brandon sleeps through it, or how Jack falls asleep to it. I don't know how I'm going to get Jack to fall asleep when I'm no longer able to rock him, but I do know that once that chair has been left out for bulk trash pickup, our nights will be a heck of a lot quieter.
  • We got 6 years of use out of a $249 Ikea couch. The wooden frame is snapped in a couple of places and the cover is stained beyond repair. Brian has always hated that it's not deep or long enough to really stretch out on. It's Jack's favorite place to hang out (and nap) but the thing has GOT to go. And it will.
  • Free iPhone with a 2-year contract. 'Nuff said.

1 comment:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Dude, how much do you love me for showing you that article? Enough to give me your free iPhone?