- They didn't give me touch-up paint, at least not right away; they insisted that somebody had to come out and do the painting for us. But the guy did give me some paint when he was here this morning. He said I did a pretty good job of patching up the holes from the TV. If you look at the wall from the right angle (like from the top of the stairs) you can see where the texture doesn't quite match up, but I've definitely seen worse.
- Apparently we've been living here long enough that the house is due for a full repainting after we leave, so supposedly we don't really have to worry about the smaller holes from hanging pictures, etc. I don't think we're going to take any chances, though.
- Written on the calendar this Sunday was "start using up pantry items". I've had a fudge kit in the pantry since Christmas (you know, condensed milk, marshmallows, chocolate chips, sugar - just add butter) and I finally made it last night. Just following the schedule, you know. Yummy.
- I ordered two two-packs of the Sprout Spout. I already have the Gerber sippy tops for water bottles, and they work quite well, but what I really need is ones that fit the wide-mouth juice bottles. (Now, YES, I know that plastic water bottles are ridiculously wasteful; I bought these to carry with me for emergency situations, not to mention how much easier they will make things when we fly. No empty sippies to carry and I don't have to worry about potentially spilling juice or water all over myself while filling a sippy cup at the outset of an 8.5 hour flight!*) I saw a 3-pack at Toys R Us that has two for water bottles and one for juice bottles, but I don't need any more water bottle ones and I didn't want to pay $7.99 just to get the one I needed! So I found it online and ordered from the manufacturer. I especially appreciate that they charged me common-sense shipping charges - $3.50 for USPS. I can't even begin to tell you how many websites would have charged me $20+ to ship me stuff that would fit in a 5x7 envelope.
*I will still have to bring sippies for the milk, which I generally acquire from a coffee shop. Wish me luck on that one, I've had issues with it in the past.
- Speaking of ordering stuff, I ordered a book from Shutterfly, like ages ago and it still hasn't gotten here. I was starting to get pretty nervous about it so I wrote to ask for help tracking it (it was transferred from UPS to USPS a week and a half ago and so tracking information is no longer available) and they told me that since it's been more than 10 days since they shipped it, it's considered "Lost in the Mail" and they overnighted me a new one. So if the other one DOES get here - before we move - then we'll have two copies. Which would actually be kind of cool, since it's a picture/story book called "Brandon and Jackson Were Born in Hawaii", with pictures of the house and all of the places we like to go, so that the boys can remember their first home. It would be kind of neat to have two copies.
There is a point to this. I may despise Shutterfly's new website, but their customer service is exceptional as always. This is actually the second problem I had with the same order - 2 8x10's (free with purchase of the photo book) arrived completely trashed. Both problems were caused by the Post Office and both times, Shutterfly promtly sent out a replacement. I guess that's why I've been with them for 7 years. (I am ridiculously loyal. Or just a slave to habit.)
- My check card expires at midnight tonight. Which of course means that they SHOULD have sent me a new one like a month ago. I can't remember ever having gotten one, but figured I must have lost it - because that's totally something I'd do. So I called to ask them to send me another one, and here's the thing: they sent it on the 24th. Of March. So, a week ago. And then the guy told me that it usually takes 7-10 days to arrive. My response: "So...is it generally the policy to leave your customers without a valid check card for up to 3 days?" In the background, Brian was saying, "Aha, you've got one of them thinking women here!" So I'm basically just stuck waiting for the card to arrive. I had to do a lot of shopping today, since tomorrow, I won't be able to. Because, you see, I needed those beads.
- I bought beads because I recently bought a really nice top to wear to an event this summer. (This one, but in grey - I actually wanted the indigo color pictured, but they didn't have it in my size.) Really nice, that is, except for the extremely tacky, huge plastic rhinestones on the collar. Of course I cut them off, but the top looks too plain now. So I bought nice beads to embellish it myself. And then I bought some beads to make some earrings...and managed to talk myself out of the really pretty huge glass beads that were my favorite colors, for $18...but just barely. Bead shops are dangerous, yo.
Leave It To The Pros
2 hours ago