Friday, March 27, 2009

some bullets so you don't feel neglected

  • 29 days until the movers come. I think I'll really start to panic when we get down to numbers that Brandon understands; I'm pretty sure that the highest he can count is 17.
  • Since they opened up the new housing, it will be possible for us to walk to the self-help warehouse and try to get some touch-up paint. It's time to actually fill in those holes in the wall and so I'll be needing a lot more than just the dixie cup of paint that I've been told they give out. Cross your fingers for me that, at the very least, they'll tell me what brand and color I need to buy.
  • Also since they opened up the new housing, it's possible to walk to the airport. Not that I would, I just find that kind of interesting.
  • Also, new playgrounds. We'll try to hit some of them on our way to the self-help today.
  • The convenience store across the street from the self-help has donuts and "iced cappuccinos" from a machine that taste exactly like a Dunkin Donuts Coolatta, except not slushy. I'll try to resist. I actually don't think it will be that hard today; I started off my day with 10 minutes of yoga, which is generally pretty helpful as far as making good nutritional choices throughout the day. It was...interesting...to try to do yoga with Jack climbing on me and pulling my hair - every time I pushed up into upward-facing dog, his face was about an inch from mine, with a big goofy smile - but ya gotta figure that something is better than nothing, right? I certainly feel more awake than usual.
  • Did I mention that it's 29 DAYS??? F@$%!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

A toddler in your face has to make for a centered relaxing feeling during yoga.

Dude, 29 and some days and you will be in Japan!! I expect your Flickr account to explode. You're so lucky!

Kerry said...

Dude, my Flickr account will explode when I take the time to sit down and upload the pictures I've been accumulating over the past couple of years! Last time I tried, I spent like an hour dragging a bunch of pics over to the Flickr Uploasdr and then the power went out and I lost all my work. Grrrr. Anyway.

I think that, more than anything, I just want to get this over with already! It's been a year since we found out we're transferring there. A YEAR!! A whole year spent in limbo. It sucks!