Sunday, March 22, 2009

that's an entire Olympiad, or election cycle

Today, I would like to bring your attention to one of the tickers on the left side of your screen. The one that says, "I have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for 4 years." Continuously. I don't really have much else to say to elaborate on that, except that I love being a Mommy, but I don't think I'll be all that sad when I'm done with the all-consuming-Mommy-mode phase of my life. It's been going on for plenty long enough.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Maggie hasn't breastfed in almost a week. I think it's safe to say, I have my body back. It's so awesome not having another human living off of my body. I made it almost three years. Not counting the year before Gavin where I had to watch what I did because I was trying to get pregnant. Do you know yet if Jack is going to have lactose problems?

Kerry said...

He seems fine with lactose, he would eat nothing but cheese and yogurt if I let him, but he doesn't seem to like to drink milk. He's always trying to steal Brandon's soymilk, I think he would drink it pretty happily, but soy makes him really, really gassy. Figures.