Wednesday, April 22, 2009

it's a very polite rooster

Jack actually slept in this morning - which means that he slept until about 7. Brandon was up at 6, which is earlier than he usually wakes up, so I stayed in bed and let him play in his room. By 6:30, though, he was ready to get up and start his day. Normally, he would call out "Moooooooommy, where aaaaaaaare you?" - but not today.

Today, he made rooster noises.

So I was awakened from a gentle snooze by a continuously repeated "HOW DO-A DOOOOOOOOO! HOW DO-A DOOOOOOO!"

And Jack just kept right on sleeping. Lucky little bear. Keeps me up all night and then sleeps in while I have to get up with his brother. Kids today, harumph.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Wow, you usually get a nice question about your whereabouts? Jealous! I get Gavin lightly knocking on his door that quickly turns into pounding then kicking all while Gavin does that high pitched scream that only kids can do. When I open the door, I get a very sweet, "Good morning, Mama." As if all that spazing out never even happened. I agree; kids today!

k^squared said...

I was woken up by a 27 year old man sticking his finger in my nose.