Tuesday, May 5, 2009

first post from my iPhone

I saw some blue sky yesterday, and I realized that that was what I had been missing. Moving here after 4 years in the tropics feels like waking up at the end of The Wizard of Oz, going from Technicolor back to sepia toned - except that everything is gray. Maybe there are beautiful sights to see off-base, but so far, I'm unimpressed.

I'm with the kids in the Lodge playroom while Brian is at the housing brief. It's a lot like the one at the hospital, except cleaner. I'm saving this to post later, since I get no reception here at the Lodge; when we're in our room I use our network with the free Internet connection.

I hope we're able to find a house really, really soon, because I despise living in a hotel. Jack doesn't seem to think much of it, either. If you want my advice about moving overseas with a 1-year-old, it would be: don't do it. Just don't.

That's all for now, I will try to post more when I have a chance. I'll keep on tweeting.

Posted by ShoZu

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I stopped by to say Happy Mother's Day :)