Saturday, July 18, 2009

the earrings I'm wearing today

Today is my brother-in-law's wedding. Congratulations Keith and Kim!

The bridesmaids are wearing purple, so I decided to wear green with bluish purple accessories. I want to coordinate in family pictures, but I don't want to match - I don't want to look like I'm trying to be a bridesmaid, you know? (This also meant that my 1st choice for a dress to wear was out - it was eerily similar to the style of the bridesmaid dresses.)

These are the earrings I made to wear:


I was originally going to use one of those pre-made wire teardrops, until I realized that they're sealed and you can't thread beads onto them. So I made my own. The one on the left is slightly misshapen near the top left, but I think they're fine.

They look particularly nice when my hair is down, the color of my hair sets off the color of the earrings really well. I'll try to remember to post pictures of me wearing them once I have some.

ETA:

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Those are really pretty! Seriously, you should open your Etsy shop. You could also sell a bunch of Japanese stuff for a big profit. No one knows whether it came from the 100 yen store or not.

Mother Hoodwink said...

I was showing Josh the pretty beading you did on your shirt and I realized that every single post (save for the 4th) has some crafty thing you did. You are stupid talented.