Friday, September 18, 2009

it's my birthday, by the way

I haven't been blogging much. I assume that you have noticed this. Personally, I don't like reading blogs that are the same complaint over and over again, so I don't want mine to be like that. I'd rather just not write.

There's a light at the end of the headache-ridden tunnel, though. I've been thinking about how miserable I've been since we moved here, and I asked myself - what's different? I mean, aside from having freakin' moved to Japan? And I realized: caffeine. I went almost my whole time in Hawaii almost completely caffeine free. I actually went *completely* chemical free for a while - no synthetic chemicals went in or on my body for at least 2 years. And then I moved here. And I was jetlagged. And I was eating fast food way more often than I should have, and drinking soda with it. And then I moved into a building with a vending machine in the lobby, with ice cold bottles of Coca Cola and neat little cans of "Super Max" coffee (which tastes just like a bottled Frappuccino, if bottled Frappuccinos actually tasted like coffee). And so I fell off the caffeine wagon. And I can tell you, caffeine really is just like any other drug, because I've definitely been acting like an irritable, depressed, mentally unhinged drug addict.

So now I'm struggling through this massive caffeine-withdrawal headache but I'm feeling a little happier. Except, of course, for the Ghost of Deployments Future that's hanging around until next Tuesday, when it will be replaced for two months by the Ghost of Deployment Present. I can only hope that being caffeine-clean-and-sober will help me get through that without *completely* losing my mind.

2 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Vending machines in the lobby? That's so rude of them. You can do this. You're one of the most strong willed people I know. (I mean that in a good way.) Hang in there.

Dawn's Thoughts said...

Happy Birthday