Friday, October 30, 2009

"his tooth fell down"

Brandon was up and walking around at 2AM last night. I got him back into his bed and asked him why he was up, but I couldn't really understand what he was trying to tell me. I asked him again this morning, and I'm pretty sure that this is what happened: he had a dream that he was in the kitchen, feeding Jackson. In his dream, Jackie fell down and knocked out a tooth. Brandon woke up, and was thinking about it, and got worried about Jackson so he went to the kitchen to make sure that he was okay.

Now ever since we've moved here, Brandon has had a tendency to be moody. He likes to play alone in his room, and he DOES NOT want Jack to be in there, ever. They fight over toys and get on each others' nerves. But in the end, this is the kind of kid that Brandon is: he had a scary dream - not about monsters, or getting lost, or Daddy never coming home - but about his baby brother getting hurt. And when he had this dream, he didn't cry in his bed, or come to me for comfort - he went looking for his brother to make sure he wasn't alone and hurting. He loves his brother more than anything, enough to get out of bed in the scary dark.

I have a good kid.