Sunday, October 18, 2009

one last rant, then I'm done for this month...I hope

  • I already tweeted about this last night, but if there's anyone out there reading this who's desperate to find some relief from their child's sleep problems - ask yourself this: how bad is it, really? How old are they? How many times a night do they actually wake up? Are they able to put themselves back to sleep most of the time? If your child has sleep apnea, or some other genuine sleep issue, you have my sympathy. Let's band together in solidarity to tell the people who feel oh so sorry for themselves because their 6-month-old is "still" waking up once or twice a night, to SHUT THE F*&$ UP. Welcome to the real world, and count your blessings.
  • Also on the "things that would bother me if somebody said it to me right now, even though nobody has (yet)" train of thought...if there is anyone out there right now who thinks that "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat applies to your life, even though you have never been away from your boyfriend for more than 24 hours - please come see me so I can smack the shit out of you. I hereby claim this song for Navy Wives everywhere. Particularly ones whose husbands are deployed on ships, and who live on an island. Lyrical applicability, people.
  • One last thing: back injuries are God's way of saying, "I don't think I was testing you enough. Try to handle THIS, mofo!!!!!"
Well like I said, hopefully that's it for this month. Apparently I have PMDD, because my doctor gave me meds for it. Didn't bother to ask me a SINGLE diagnostic question, but...I guess he can't be expected to diagnose something he's never even heard of. Thank goodness I have sufficient medical training to diagnose myself. (SARCASM) But anyway, maybe I won't even have any irrational rants next month. Fingers crossed, right?

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

I always thought that "Lucky" was really written for Navy couples. It just makes sense. Josh and I love that song but we haven't been separated for too long. We'll get to earn the right later in is career when he'll be on 6-9 month deployments regularly.

I'm glad that there is someone else out there who thinks God calls people "mo-fos." How could He not?

Kerry said...

Every time I've heard it, right from the very first time, I think, "this is so perfect for me and my friends". And then the thought strikes me that somewhere, a 17-year-old girl is listening to it and thinking, "Hey, I'm in love with my best friend. OMG, this song is about ME!!!!!" It's the same way with "Faithfully" by Journey. (Which happens to have been my wedding song.) How many people latch onto the chorus and completely ignore the rest of the song? Refrains are general. It's the verses that tell the story.

Of course God calls people mofos. I mean, duh.

Kerpickle said...

Ha! You DID blog about the exact same thing I status updated about! LOL!