Monday, April 12, 2010

Magical Flower Snow

Thanks to my newly confirmed allergy to one of my all-time favorite flowers, over the course of a few short days, my reaction to cherry trees went from "Ohhhhh, look how many there are! It's so beautiful!" to "WHY did they have to plant so many so close together? Puffy pink groves of EVIL!!!"

Still, when we passed by the trees on our way to pick up some dumplings and tempura and have a picnic dinner by the fountains at Mikasa Park, it quickly became apparent that we simply HAD TO stop and take some video clips. To quote Brandon: "Mommy, I think it's snowing over there!"
video
I really wish my camera took HD video like Brian's does. :( Pout pout pout. (I would have borrowed his for this, but he went and took it with him on the ship. Pshaw, what could he possibly have to take pictures of in Jakarta? Pfffft.)

By the time we got back on base, it was dark out, so I was able to get some long-exposure shots of the petals falling...



...and some with the flash.

I probably should have pulled out the Lensbaby for this one but I just didn't think of it. It was cold and late and Brandon was tired and whiny. ("I'm too tired to waaaaaaaaaalk...)

Once again, I'm REALLY glad that we got out and enjoyed the good weather...a day of beautiful weather is like an oasis here. There's never more than one in a row! Yesterday we wore t-shirts and no coats at all. (Until the sun went down and the cold wind started to blow.) Today? Winter coats. I could see my breath! And it's raining. Again. Phooey.

5 comments:

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Ebay Clone Script

royal said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Online Auctions

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
GPS Micro Tracker

royal said...

Nice Post!
Soniksecurity offers you a wide selection of Vehicle and Home Security Products. We carry a wide variety of Security and Safety products like Vehicle Tracking System,GPS Navigation Devices,Vehicle Rear View Camera,Waterproof IP Camera,Wireless Ip Camera at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing!
Waterproof IP Camera

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
E-Learning Software India